Every family has special holiday recipes that have been handed down between the generations. These recipes have become something more than a favorite meal or dessert, they have become a cherished holiday tradition. They become the memories we have of special days with our families and friends. One of the most treasured holiday recipes for adults and children alike are Christmas cookies.
Our homes are filled with the scent of melted chocolate chips, crisp gingerbread men, and aromatic vanilla. They are impossible to resist and bring about the start of the holiday season.
We all love baking these delicious holiday treasures with our family, some may say it is like holiday family therapy. There are so many scrumptious recipes available, however the prep and cooking time is consuming. The holidays are chaotic enough, your baking should not be.
The following cookie recipes are quick and easy to make. Not only that they are delicious and taste as though you have been working on them in the kitchen all day long! You will find that these delicious cookies add to the festive mood around the home or office.
A Sudden Surprise Cookie
3/4 Cup of Shortening
3/4 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
3/4 Cup of Flour
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1/2 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Of Shredded Coconut
2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
Your Favorite Fresh Jam or Jelly
1. Preheat your oven to 375F.
2. While your oven is preheating, mix the shortening and brown sugar together.
3. Add in the one large egg and mix it together well.
4. Combine the rest of the dry ingredients into the wet mixture along with the vanilla. Stir the ingredients together.
5. On an ungreased cookie sheet drop teaspoon size drops of the cookie mixture.
6. With your finger make an indention into each ball of cookie dough and fill with your favorite jam or jelly
7. Sprinkle coconut over the dough and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 4 Dozen Stunning Jam Filled Cookies
We all know how much the children love Christmas, so here is a holiday recipe that is sure to become a favorite.
All Time Best Sugar Cookies
1 Cup Of Softened Butter
1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 Cup of Vegetable Oil
2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt And of course colored sugar!
1. Preheat your oven to 350F
2. Beat the softened butter into a fluffy mixture and add in your granulated and powdered sugar. Mix well and add the two eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and blend well.
3. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar gradually and mix well.
4. When your dough has formed roll into inch balls and roll in the colored sugar. Place on a greased cookie pan.
5. Let your cookies bake for 9 to 11 minutes, do not let them turn brown, as they will be overcooked.
Make 7 Dozen Delicious Cookies
Those are just two more holiday recipes to add to your collection and hand down as the years go by. Feel free to put your own spin on these recipes and make them your own. Above all, bring the family into the kitchen and have everyone help with the baking needs. You will soon find out how much fun baking can be again!